‘I have worked for the last 15 years for some of the largest premium beauty companies helping them to find out what British women really want from their beauty regimes. In that time I spoke to literally hundreds of women who just felt that as they got older, their makeup routine didn’t really work for them.
‘When you have a hiatus such as having children, you pare your routine down to the absolute minimum because you just don’t really have time to think about it. Then things start to calm down a bit, you look up and find that everything’s changed and also you have changed and so what you used to do doesn’t really work anymore, but it’s hard to know where to start, especially as a lot of the looks you see in magazines are modelled on very young women and it’s hard to tell if they might be appropriate for you as you get older.
‘I did go back to work after I had my kids, but I increasingly felt I – and they – were missing out on spending time together, even though I loved putting my heels on a going into Bond street to work. So that’s why I set up Beautyland – really to try and bring back a bit of fun to people who have lost some confidence in their makeup and skincare but also so I can spend a bit more time at home with my kids.
I recognised myself in so much of this, and thought it would be fun for one lucky reader to try out a fabulous Christmas look. Suji’s very kindly agreed to put together a special selection of items perfect for Christmas (worth nearly £100). The kit contains:
- Paul and Joe Shimmering Pressed Powder: a luminous powder you use to add a little glow and sparkle to your cheekbones, temples, collarbone, etc
- Paul and Joe Shimmering Body Lotion: a lightly scented moisturising body gel that adds a sensual shimmer to the skin
- Paul and Joe Nail Varnish in 30: a metallic silver nail varnish
- Paul and Joe Lash Macara in 01 – black
- Paul and Joe Eye Gloss Duo – a double ended eye gloss that features two complementary colours, one in a pearl finish and one in a metallic finish that can be worn separately or together. There are 3 colour options to choose from and you will find them here
- Becca Ultimate Colour Gloss – a long-lasting, highly pigmented gloss available in 7 shades that you can choose here
The small print: the winner will be chosen at random. No cash alternative. UK only. Judge’s decision is final. Competition closes Sunday 25th November at midnight.