So this is it – the big day is nearly upon us! I hope you’re all sorted… if you need any last minute advice, it’s all here:
If you need help with cooking the turkey on Christmas day (remember if you are lucky enough to have a free range bronze Turkey they take considerably less time to cook – click here for the KellyBronze Turkey recommended cooking times).
So that’s it, then. Christmas sorted. Here are a few of my golden Christmas rules, a ‘Christmas mantra’ if you would, for when things get a little stressful:
- Chill out and remember it’s just another day and another roast dinner
- Have fun – proper fun, not ‘oh okay, if I MUST’ type fun
- Dress up!
- Enjoy your loved ones
- Have a few cocktails
- Light a candle
- Take a deep breath and count to ten first
- Don’t worry about your waistline
someoneeveryone you love a kiss under the mistletoe
- Say you love it even it you hate it
- Keep your hand on your ha’penny (one of these days I’ll find out what this actually means)
- Oh, and please don’t drink and drive. I need you here to keep me company.
And while I’m on the subject, thank you for popping in this year, whether you’ve clicked here once or a hundred times – your visits and comments mean such a lot to me. Until next year, then. Mwah xx
‘And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?’