Last week, I was on board Celestyal Olympia cruising the Greek islands on assignment for Cruise International. You’ll be able to read my article shortly in the magazine (when I’ve actually finished and submitted it), but one of the things I was really impressed with was the food. We all know that the Mediterranean diet is super healthy, with the emphasis on good fats, fresh vegetables, beans and pulses and of course, all that fabulous fish, and I was bowled over by Greek food. I spend the week eating huge Greek salads, fat olives, fresh fish and vegetables and actually came home 2lb lighter without even trying. I was also fascinated by an article by Sali Hughes that recently appeared in The Pool about her decision to turn vegetarian in her forties. Many of Sali’s reasons echo my own feelings, so as a little experiment, I decided to give up meat while I was on the cruise. And honestly, now I’m really pondering becoming a pescatarian full time.
- Easy spiced lamb kofta meatballs July 19, 2018
- Five reasons why you need to visit new Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World Resort, Florida July 17, 2018
- Weekend wishlist: new hush high summer styles July 14, 2018
- Slushies, Dole Whip and dancing with Ariel: a few of my favourite things at Walt Disney World Resort, Florida July 10, 2018
- Weekend wishlist: five easy sustainable beauty swaps July 7, 2018