So I’ve had a few people say to me ‘ooh, I wanted to leave a comment on something you said, but couldn’t work out how to do it’. So here’s a step by step for all you ‘lurkers’. Sometimes leaving a comment can be a bit daunting. I know when I started blogging I worried that someone would be sarcastic about what I wrote, or that I’d get it wrong. Englishmum.com is a big, happy family with readers that have commented for years and others that are first time or occasional commenters. So don’t worry about commenting, everyone is always really friendly. Oh, and if you want to leave a comment about someone else’s comment, that’s fine too. Chat away!
- At the end of each ‘post’ (or article) you’ll see a little blue arrow and the words read more and leave comments. Clicking on this link will take you to the full, expanded version of the post.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the comments left so far (and my responses indented underneath).
- When you reach the bottom you’ll see a little form entitled ‘Leave a Reply’’.
- So first, fill in your name (doesn’t have to be your real name – you can call yourself whatever you like, see if I care).
- In the next box, fill in your email address (don’t worry, it won’t show up on the website).
- And lastly, if you have a website address, you can fill it in the third box (mind you, if you have a website you should bloody well know how to leave comments already).
- Then, in the last box, feel free to let rip and leave a comment. When you’re happy with what you’ve written, click on the ’submit comment’ box, and hey presto, you’ve commented.
- Do bear in mind that if it’s the first time you’ve commented, your comment won’t appear on the website straight away as it will be sent to me via email for moderation (just to check you’re not a complete psycho – mind you, you’ll fit in quite well if you are).
- And that’s it! Now you can comment whenever you like. Oh and remember – be nice, I’m sensitive.
- And finally, the small print. You’re welcome to express your opinion, whatever that might be, and whether or not I agree with it, I won’t delete it. Spam won’t be tolerated and neither will anything illegal/offensive or otherwise nasty. This kind of comment will be deleted, as will attacks on other commenters.
That’s all, now go forth and comment!