If, like me, you’re a bit addicted to baking, but want to keep your kitchen really stylish, you really don’t have to compromise. I’ve been looking at some of the beautiful bakeware currently available at John Lewis – not a single garish plastic mixing bowl in sight!
1. If you’re into baking your own bread (or fancy a try), this banneton basket will help you create that classic artisan shape to your home made loaf (£12).
2. This solid beech pastry board is marked with all sorts of measurements, including really handy circular ones, to help you get your pastry just perfect (£20).
3. I adore everything Orla and this set of five cake storage tins gives a splash of colour that’s uber stylish (£37).
4. Cupcakes don’t have to be for kids. These teeny cupcake sticks come in classic cream, decorated with twine, for the coolest cupcakes around.
5. If you don’t follow Sophie Conran on Instagram, you really should – her pictures are divine. I love every piece of her collection for Portmeirion, and this pudding basin is so cool it seems a shame to hide it in a cupboard (£15).
6. Okay, so for ease of use when dealing with smaller amounts, digital scales are always the way forward, but there’s something about traditional scales on display in a kitchen that I really love – and these are a bargain (£30).
7. I love a flour shaker- it makes me feel all homely and star-bakery. This gorgeous cream one is made from chip resistant stoneware and looks fantastic (£9).
8. I adore my KitchenAid – it’s probably the most used item in my kitchen. I’m always fawning over the latest colour releases, but this frosted pearl one would go with everything (£469.95 – currently with a free food mixer attachment and glass mixing bowl).
I’ve just realised that this will double as my Christmas list. What a happy coincidence!